Report Management deals with any kind of Reporting of IT infrastructure and services. A well-defined and controlled process leads to the effective handling of these reports. Reporting Management is triggered every time a request for reporting is received from one of the various processes, from a requester or from an auditor. Reports are also regularly provided.
Each request for Report is classified by determining its priority and urgency. In the case of requests for first time reports, the responsible Reporting Authority will decide on whether to approve or dismiss the request. Reporting Management coordinates all incidental tasks within the context of ‚Reporting building, testing and release‘. Close collaboration between Reporting Management and Service Management is important for the success of this process.
Why do we need Report Management
The purpose of Report Management is to establish standardized procedures for the handling of IT-related Reporting requests and to facilitate the processing, scheduling, coordination, documentation and improvement of all reports on IT services and infrastructure.
Report Management contributes to an integrated Service Management approach by achieving the following goals:
- Every authorized report facilitates the monitoring of services and service quality
- Reports facilitate the improvement of services and processes
- Reports document service delivery, service quality and service improvement
- Reports will communicate service delivery, service quality and service improvement
- Reports also ensure legal functions
- Every report runs through a set of standardized activities and procedures in order to ensure effective and efficient processing
- Every implemented Reporting is documented.
Roles & Functions
- Reporting Management Specific Roles
- Static Process Roles
- Reporting Process Owner
- Initiator of the process; accountable for defining the process strategic goals and allocating all required process resources. Refer to Continual Process Improvement Management for a detailed description of these activities.
- Reporting Process Manager (Reporting Manager)
- Manager of the entire process; responsible for its effectiveness and efficiency. Team leader of the function „Reporting Management Team“. Refer to Continual Process Improvement Management for a detailed description of these activities.
- Reporting Management Team
- The team associated with the Reporting Management Process.
- Senior Management
- Senior Management of the IT provider.